Due to the worsening of the epidemiological situation - rapid and uncontrolled spread of Covid-19 in the country, stricter restrictions have been introduced in the Riga Maternity Hospital:
- Starting from October 31, all pregnant women, women giving birth and women who have recently given birth and have been hospitalized in the Admissions Ward, as well as their accompanying persons, will be tested for Covid-19. If a person is able to present a negative Covid test result that is not older than 48 hours, the test will not need to be repeated;
- Patients with a confirmed COVID-19 infection, patients who are in self-isolation or have severe symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection due to which a COVID-19 infection cannot be ruled out, such as dry cough and temperatures above 38 ° C, will be placed in the Infection Isolation Room. Accompanying persons with signs of illness will not be allowed entrance to the hospital;
- From November 2, accompanying persons are not allowed to accompany patients to outpatient visits, including ultrasound examinations;
- a newborn may be accompanied to the examination by only one parent,
- From November 2, the registration for Family School lectures is temporarily suspended.
- From November 4, accompanying persons will only be allowed to participate in elective surgeries if they show a negative Covid test result which is not older than 48 hours.
Restrictions have been adopted to protect the health and lives of mothers and newborns and to respect the general epidemiological safety measures. We invite you to follow the announcements on the Riga Maternity Hospital website rdn.lv, where all current information is published.