Consultation with a geneticist during the pregnancy is recommended if:
- there is a family history of congenital or hereditary diseases;
- the parents (one or both) have been diagnosed with a genetic disease, or have an abnormal karyotype;
- two or more pregnancies have been lost and/or children have passed away at an early age;
- the pregnancy occurred after the age of 37;
- the child’s father is a blood relative;
- changes have been detected in the USG and/or the first-trimester biochemical screening;
- the karyotype of the fetus has changed;
- adverse factors such as chemical substances, radiation, or medicaments have affected the pregnancy.
Free consultations are provided only for pregnant women (if there is a referral from a treating or family doctor who has a contractual relationship with the National Health Service). In other cases, consultations and examinations, if necessary, are a paid service.
Pre-registration, T: +371 67011232